Tuesday, December 09, 2008

High School Musical Onstage in Kainaliu! Plovers!

Aloha Performing Arts Company is presenting Disney's High School Musical Onstage at the Aloha Theatre in Kainaliu December 12-20. Kids apparently love this show and no doubt will enjoy seeing it done live. Call 322-1648 or go here to purchase tickets ($12.00 for adults and $10.00 for kids and seniors). Here's a sneak look at the set!




The message, like most everything Disney does these days, is blandly uplifting. Personally, I regard the Disney channel as the camel's nose inside the tent, bringing values of celebrity-worship and superficiality to our children. But that's just me.

Last Friday, I foolishly overdid my walk, trying to achieve an average rate (over the 3.3 miles of sand, loose rocks, and 1/2 mile of nice trail) of 3.6 mph. Which I did, but my knee was sore during Saturday's walk uphill so I took Sunday and Monday off. By this afternoon I needed to walk, but I just kept a nice pace of 3.1, and didn't try to run any of it. It was a bright sunny afternoon, although Kailua had been overcast and rainy most of the day. The tidal flats were full of Pacific Golden Plovers, who summer in Alaska and fly here non-stop (not being able to land on the water and rest) for 50 hours over thousands of miles of open ocean.

No comments: