Saturday, November 22, 2008

First Post: Hiking before the storm

Mauna Kea was visible from 5800' up on Hualalai, despite the incoming clouds.

As all of Kona waited for the expected storm, waiting for the clouds to sweep in from the sea and give some relief and moisture to our arid land, I decided to hike at the top of Huehue Place in Kaloko Mauka. At 5000' I was above the storm soaking Kailua until I was on my way back to the car.

One of the best things about hiking mauka Kona in winter is that the lehua put on a show:



and:

2 comments:

John Powell said...

I just noticed that my first post was on the 45th anniversary of JFK's assassination. The biggest thing ever, and now the anniversary passes by almost unnoticed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the first post. I am looking forward to seeing much more.
Aloha,
Keahi